Dear Students, Respected Parents;
The main goal of OSTIM Technical University, which aims to be the "University of Industry," is to train graduates to be able to transform science and technology into practice. We will achieve this goal through our close cooperation with the business world, industry and the public sector. These advantages will allow us to play an active role in the sectors of industry and the economy, which we prioritize by supporting the infrastructure for education, research applications and required equipment at levels required by international standards.
Our university has adopted the fundamental principle of creating qualified human capital for the future of Turkey. In line with this principle, we will make every effort to educate individuals at our university in the knowledge and competencies required by the [businehumass not an accepted term; just use “competitive business world of the present and future”] —equipped with a broad vision, able to learn on the job, to ask and seek answers, to imagine, to create innovative designs and produce what they have designed, to display entrepreneurial spirit, to have teamwork skills, to take responsibility when necessary, and always to strive for professional competence. We will make every effort to ensure that our students become individuals with a high degree of cultural awareness and humanitarian values, who are beneficial to society.
OSTİM Technical University is a “third generation” university. While “second generation” universities emphasized scientific research and education as a consequence of the division of labor after the 18th century, it was left to companies to implement the knowledge that had been developed into their production and business practice. This situation resulted in a decrease of university-company cooperation, and the distance between them gradually increased. The “third generation,” or “entrepreneurial university,” has an approach that eliminates these solid walls for the benefit of society and places the university together with business and industry at the center of the production and innovation process.
In the age in which we live, “education” is not limited to training students in theoretical practice. It also aims to enable students and academicians to increase their capacity to develop patents, utility models, industrial designs and brands based on a university-industry collaborative framework and, as a primary goal, aims at innovation, economic contribution and commercialization through entrepreneurship. In this regard, with an “entrepreneurial university” approach, we will configure, in coordination with industry, our activities in the field of science and technology to provide an added value to our country's economy. We will work to develop our region and country, both by producing unique projects and solutions, and by developing the necessary mechanisms to enable their application and commercialization. With the knowledge produced by our strong academic staff, we will race to become one of the leading global universities in our field.
I wish all success to our students and to our academic and administrative staff.
Prof. Dr. Murat Yülek
Murat Yülek is the Founding Rector of Ostim Technical University, working to place Ostimtech among the world’s premier higher education institutions.
An an engineer and a development economist he has taught at various universities including Georgetown University, Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt (Germany), Bilkent University, Istanbul Commerce University and Obuda University (Hungary). Murat has been a visiting Scholar at Columbia University and worked as a teaching assistant at Yale and Bilkent Universities back when he was conducting his PhD studies. He was also as a research assistant in the Macromarkets book study published by Oxford University Press by Nobel laureate Prof. Robert Shiller of Yale University. He served as an intern in the European Commission in Brussels in 1989.
Murat has worked as an economist at the International Monetary Fund (Washington DC) and as a banker at Islamic Development Bank (Jeddah). He has also served as general manager, board member and chairman of various financial and industrial companies. He has been an international consultant at various institutions and MDBs such as the World Bank, UNCTAD, Islamic Development Bank and EBRD. He has taken responsibilities in more than 15 countries worldwide as a specialist or manager in the preparation of many feasibility studies, impact analysis, macroeconomic and sectoral reports and project documents. He has participated in international meetings and institutions as an invited speaker, moderator or guest researcher (Global Economic Symposium, COMCEC, Yale University, Duke University, Economic Cooperation Organization, Dubai Economic Council, CFO Forum-Vienna, Khazanah Megatrends Forum, China Institute for International Relations, Korea Institute for International Economic Policy, Ewha Women's University, APU Ritsumeikan University, The Economist Round Tables, Wirtshaftsrat, G8 Deauville Partnership Investment Forum).
Murat has published widely, both domestically and internationally, on macroeconomics, finance, and financial and economic development. He has been concentrating most recently on industrial policies, the effects of public procurement policies on technological development, and policies in science, industry and innovation. He has published six books on these topics with various publishers, including Springer (New York), one of the world's leading scientific publishers. He has also been asked to contribute to the policy texts prepared by UNCTAD, UNOPS, the State of Qatar and the United Nations Organization.
Murat completed his primary and secondary education at TED Ankara College, and received a Mechanical Engineering undergraduate degree from Boğaziçi University in 1988. He holds master's degrees in business from Yale and Boston Universities and a master's and doctorate in economics from Bilkent University.
Rector's Academic CV
Murat A. Yülek
1. Date of Associate Professorship (UAK): 02.11.2000
2. Date Of Professorship: 02.05.2011
Experiences Excluding Academic Education and Studies
Ostim Teknik University
Ostim Investment Co.Inc.
Independent Board Member
2006 - 2012
TAIB Investment Bank Co.Inc.
Member Of Board And President
2004 - 2005
PGlobgal Global Consultancy and education services ltd.Co
Managing Partner, Partner
|2005 - 2006||Halic Leasing Co.Inc.||General Director||Istanbul, Turkiye|
|2001 - 2004||International Monetary Fund (IMF)||Economist |
Responsibilities: Preparation and discussion of money, banking, balance of payments and real sector and structural reforms (investment environment, sectoral strategy) and financial programs in Benin, Senegal and Swaziland
|2001 - 2002||Islamic Corp. for the development of private sector (ICD)||Project specialist, Head of asian industrial investments group.|
Responsibilities: research and evaluation of industrial and commercial investment projects; Marketing of ICD financial products, negotiating terms with sponsors
|Jeddah, Saudi Arabia |
|1998 - 2001||Islamic Bank Development (IDB)||Economist, Project Specialist |
Responsibilities: research and evaluation of industrial and commercial investment projects; Marketing of ICD financial products, negotiating terms with sponsors
|Jeddah, Saudi Arabia|
|1997||Etibank AS||Head of marketing and sales department, Board member of Etibank's Finland-based Etiproducts OY company||Ankara, Turkiye|
|1993 - 1994||The world Bank||Short Term Consultant Financial Sector Development Department (FSD), Banking Systems Management Consultant, Europe and Central Asia Regional Office, Central and Eastern Europe Division (Country Department II)||Washington, USA|
|1989 - 1991||State Planning Organization||Specialist (Contracted Personnel), Islamic Countries Cooperation Directorate (1989-90) Coordination Directorate (1990-1) Preparation of various economic reports and studies, coordination studies on COMCEC and other international cooperation projects||Ankara, Turkiye|
|1988 - 1989||European Community Commission||Intern, Directorate General for the Reform of the Structural Funds (5 months) Studies on European structural funds||Brussels, Belgium|
|1989 (One Semester )||EEC International School||Physics Instructor||Brussels, Belgium|
Ostim Technical University
New York, USA
Technische Hochschule Igolstadt
Visting Academician (Erasmus staff mobility for teaching between programmed countries)
Riga Teacher Training and educational management academy
Visting Academician (Erasmus staff mobility for teaching between programmed countries)
|2015||Obuda University||Visting Academician (Erasmus staff mobility for teaching between programmed countries) ||Budapest, Hungary|
|2015 (January )||Ritsumeikan APU university||Visiting Researcher||Beppu, Japan|
|2014 (September)||Korea Institute for international economic policy||Visting researcher||South Korea|
|2013||Istanbul Commerce University||Faculty member, Economics (English), Faculty of Commercial sciences, |
Head of industrial policies and technology management division policies and development center manager
|2012 - 2013||THK University||Head of Industrial Policies and Technology Management DivisionSanayi Politikaları ve Designing and developing the Technology Management Master Program for the first time in the world; Managing the HEC application process; Establishing international connections (with Asst. Prof. Dr. Seyithan A. Ateş)||Ankara, Turkiye|
|2011 - 2013||THK University||Dean of Business Administration, Vice Rector Faculty of Business Administration, Faculty Board and Board Member, University Board Member, Senate Member, Board Member, Institute of Social Sciences.||Ankara, University|
|2003 - 2004||Georgetown University, Public Policy Institute||Adjunct Professor (Taught international development research class)||Washington, USA|
|1993 - 1994||Yale University school of management||Teaching assistant (Taught Statistics and Data analysis)|
Tutor, Yale college (Accounting)
|New heaven, CT, USA|
|1993||Yale University||Research Assistant to Prof.Robert J.Shiller |
Printer by Oxford clarendon press, one of the research assistants during the preparation of Robert Shiller's book "Marco Markets"
|New Heaven, CT, USA|
|1991 - 1992||Bilkent University||Ankara, Turkiye|
|1994 - 1997||Faculty of Economics, Administrative and Social sciences, Department of economics||Research and Teaching Assistant (gave lecture on Introduction to Macroeconomics, Introduction to Microeconomics, Mathematics for Economists, also presented papers at international scientific conferences both in Turkey and abroad, and chaired a discussion and session).||Ankara, Turkiye|
Science, Advisory, Executive And Editorial Board Membership
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
Sürdürülebilir Kalkınma 2030 Hedefleri İhtisas Komitesi Üyesi
International Conference on Political Economy Conference (ICOPEC)
Scientific Committee Member
2015 - 2018
Scientific Committee Member
2014 - 2017
United Nations Development Program (UNDP) Istanbul International Center for Private Sector in Development
Member of Board of International Advisory
Turkish Industrial Dispatch and Management Institute
Danışma Kurulu Üyesi
|2013 - 2015||TÜBİTAK Venture Capital Support Group||Executive Committee Member|
|2012||Ist National Ulusal Aviation Technology and Apps. Congress (20-22 December)||Scientific Committee Member|
|2012||Tasam Finance, Banking and Development 2023||Sectoral Scientific Committee Member|
|2010||Sarajevo Business Forum||Advisory Board Member|
|2010||Istanbul Finance Summit||Advisory Board Member|
|2007||Association of Development Finance Institutions in the Member Countries of IDB (ADFIMI).||Union of Development of Financial Institutes among Islamic Development Bank Member Countries, International Advisory Board Member|
|2004||Journal of Economics, Business and Finance (SSCI)||Advisory Board Member|
|2006||BRSA Journal of Banking and Financial Markets||Advisory Board Member|
Books (International and National)
- Yülek, M.A. (2018) How Nations Succeed: Manufacturing, Trade, Economic Development and Industrial Policy, Palgrave Mac Millan
- Yülek, M. (Ed.) (2018) Industrial Policy and Sustainable Development, Springer
- Mahmud, S.F., Yamaguchi, K. And M. Yülek (2017) Money Matters: Some Puzzles, Anomalies and Crises in the Standart Macroeconomic Model, Frankfurt: Peter Lang.
- Yülek, M., Hongyul Han (2017) Science, Technology, Innovation and Industrial Policies in Korea and Japan, Frankfurt: Peter Lang
- Yülek, M. (Ed.) (2015) National Economic Planning and Industrial Policy in the Globalizing Economy: Revisiting Concepts and Experience. New York: Springer.
- Yülek, M., Karaman, A., Keskin H., Das S. ve Ferhatosmanoğlu N. (2012) Ankara’s Conversion to International Transit Point of Turkey. THK University, Ankara Development Agency, Ankara
- Yülek, M., ve Taylor T. (Ed.) (2012) Designing Efficient Public Procurement Policies to Foster Technology Transfer and Development Capacity in Emerging Markets. Springer, New York, USA.
- Yülek, M. (2009) Notes on Turkey and globalized world. Bilgesel Publications.
- Yülek, M. (1998) Asian Tigers: Industrial Policies and Development. Alpfa Publications.
- Yülek, M. (1998) Financial Policy in a Repressed Economy: Turkey 1950-1979. Capital Markets Board.
- Yülek, M. (1998) Financial Liberalization and the Real Economy: TheTurkish Case. (Published Ph.D. Thesis). Capital Markets Board
- Yülek, M. (1991) Singapur. Publication of State Planning Organization.
- Syed, M., Yamaguchi, K., and Yülek. M.A. (2019 forthcoming) “Money and Financial Sector in the Standard Macroeconomic Model: Some Insights for Sharia Compliant Finance” in Iqbal, Z., Akın, T., Maghrebi, N. and Mirakhor, A. (Eds) Handbook of Analytical Studies in Islamic Finance & Economics, De Gruyter
- Yülek, M.A. (2018) “Thinking About a New Industrial Policy Framework for Turkey” in Aysan, A.F., Karahan, H. and N. Gür (eds) On The Path to High Income Status: Navigating the Turkish Economy in Unchartered Territories, London: Palgrave.
- Yülek, M. and M. Yagmur (2018) “Textile and Clothing Sector, and the Industrialization of Sub-Saharan Africa” in Uchenna, E. (eds) Financing Sustainable Development in Africa. Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- Yülek M.A., Yeda V. (2018) Broadening Financial Intermediation in Sub-Saharan Africa. In: Efobi U., Asongu S. (eds) Financing Sustainable Development in Africa. Palgrave Macmillan, Cham (10.1007/978-3-319-78843-2_5)
- Yülek, M. (2018) “Industrial Policy and Sustainable Development” in Yülek, M. (Ed.) Industrial Policy and Sustainable Development, Springer. (DOI: 10.1007/978-981-10-3964-5_3-1).
- Yülek, M., Göksal, K. and Yağmur, M. (2018) “Long-Term Effects of Fiscal Policy: Public Infrastructure Investment and Sustained Growth” (DOI: 10.1007/978-981-10-3964-5_27-1).
- Yülek, M. (2015) Revisiting Concepts and Experiences with National Economic Planning and Industrial Policy: An Introduction, içinde olduğu eser: Yülek, M. (Ed.) National Economic Planning and Industrial Policy in the Globalizing Economy: Revisiting Concepts and Experience, Springer, New York, USA.
- 8. Yülek, M. (2014) Rise, Fall and Rise of the Japanese Model in Development Discussions, Akkemik, K. A. and Ünay, S. (Eds.), East Asian Political Economy: Development, Politics, Geostrategy, Istanbul: Boğaziçi University Publications.
- Yülek, M. ve Tiryakioğlu, M. (2014) Development-based Public Procurement Policies: A Selective Survey of Policy Experience, Supplement to the 2013 Annual Statistical Report on United Nations Procurement: Procurement for Innovation, Copenhagen: UNOPS.
- Yülek, M. (2012) The EU and Turkey: Non-Economic Obstacles, İçinde: The EU and Turkey Business and Political Leadership for a Common Future – 10th ELC Conference Proceedings, organized by European Leadership Centre at IEDC-Bled School of Management, Slovenia.
- Yülek, M. (2012) Public Expenditure on Machinery and Equipment in Developing Countries: A Potential Technological Driver of Technological: Development and Industrialization, içinde yayınlandığı kitap, Yülek, M., ve Taylor, T. (eds) Designing Efficient Public Procurement Policies to Foster Technology Transfer and Development Capacity in Emerging Markets, Springer, New York, USA.
- Yülek, M. (2011) Emerging International Importance of Railways and Baku-Tblisi-Kars Railway Connection Project, içinde yer aldığı kitap: Bulut, M. ve R. Aydın. Improving Relations among Turkey, Caucasus and Central Asia through Cooperation in Trade, Energy and Transportation.
- Yulek, M. (2008) Government Debt in Turkey: International Comparisons, takes place in the book: Turkey's Debt and Current Deficits Matter, MUSIAD.
- Yulek, M. (2007) Turkey Economy 2001-2006 and Beyond: Background, Trends & Risks in the book takes place: An Overview of Turkey's periodic change, MUSIAD.
Selected Articles Published in International Refereed Journals (SCI & SSCI, SCOPUS & Arts and Humanities)
- Yülek, M.A., Göksal, K. and Bostancı, I. (2017) Data Center Regions and Economic Development- Implications of Economic Analysis, Journal of Social Ecology and Sustainable Development, 8(4) (SCOPUS).
- Yülek, M. A. (2017). Why governments may opt for financial repression policies: selective credits and endogenous growth. Economic Research-Ekonomska Istraživanja, 30(1), 1390-1405.DOI: 10.1080/1331677X.2017.1355252. (SSCI)
- Yülek, M.A. and N. Gür (2017) “Foreign Direct Investment, Smart Policies and Economic Growth,” Progress in Development Studies, 17(3). (SSCI)
- Yulek, M.A. (2016) “On the Middle Income Trap, the Industrialization Process and Appropriate Industrial Policy,” Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, 17(3), 325-348. (DOI 10.1007/s10842-016-0237-9), 1-24. (SCOPUS)
- Yülek, M. (2016) Industrial Policies and Outcomes: A Comparison of Pre-liberalized Korean and Turkish Economies, Journal of Comparative Asian Development, Vol 15.No 1 (DOI:10.1080/15339114.2015.1128843). (SCOPUS)
- Yülek, M. and M. Tiryakioğlu (2015) Development-based Public Procurement Policies: A Selective Survey of Literature, Cross Country Policy Experience and the Turkish Experience, Innovation: The European Journal of Social Science Research, 28(2). (SSCI)
- Başçı, E., Ekinci, F. ve Yülek, M. (2007) On Fixed and Variable Fiscal Surplus Rules, Emerging Markets Finance and Trends,Vol. 43, No. 3. (SSCI)
Selected Articles Published in International Refereed Journals (Alan endeksleri, Cabbell’s, EBSCO, Ulrich, Econlit)
- Yülek, M. A., Natsuda, K., Yağmur, M. H., and Akkemik, A., “The Textiles and Clothing Cycle and the Industrial Cycle,” Marmara Üniversitesi İktisadi ve İdari Bilimler Dergisi, Cilt: 41, Sayı: 1, Haziran 2019, pp. 256-277
- Yülek, M. and O. Yatsenko (2015) “Globalization, Crises and Policy Reform: Lessons from the Turkish Experience” International Economic Policy, Vol 2(23).
- Yülek, M. and M. Yagmur (2015) Readapting Macroeconomic Management to a Globalized Economy: How to Handle the Accountability on the Current Account Balance” Socio-Economic Problems and the State (Соціально-економічні проблеми і держава), Vol12(2).
- Yülek, M. (2014) Hoş Olmayan Bir İhracat Aritmetiği, Business and Economics Research Journal, Vol. 5, No. 3, S. 1-13
- Taylor, T. ve Yülek, M. (2014) Can Governments leverage procurement to foster development? Evidence and projections from public sector expenditures in Turkey, Journal of International Finance Studies Vol. 14(1).
- Yülek, M. ve Randazzo, A. (2012) Refining the Story of the Financial Crises in Europe and the USA, Insight Turkey, Vol. 14 No. 2.
- Yülek, M. (1997) On the Financial Repression in Japan During the High Growth Period (1953-73), METU Studies in Development No. 24(4), S. 575-595
- Yülek, M. (1992) Privatisation in Turkey (Rusça’ya tercüme edilmiştir), Voprosi Ekonomiki (SSCB), Cilt 9, S. 54-63.
- Yülek, M. (1991) Dünyanın En Büyük 500 Şirketine A-teorik Bir Bakış, İşletme ve Finans, No. 67.
- Yülek, M. Doğrudan Dış Yatırımlar ve Alıcı Ülke Teknolojilerine Katkıları, İşletme ve Finans, No. 59-60, 1991, 51-57 (YASED Araştırma Yarışması İkincilik Ödülü, 1990)
Selected Articles Published in National Refereed Journals
- Yülek, M. ve Ş. Kılıç (2016) “Yerli Sinai İmalatin Ekonomik Etkileri: Türkiye’de Demiryolu Araçlari Sektörü Örneği” İstanbul Ticaret Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Dergisi, No.16(1) Özel Sayı Bahar 2016.
- Yülek, M., & Das, G. S. (2016). KOBI'lerin Yenilikçilik Kapasitelerini Gelistirecek Desteklerin Tasarimina Yönelik Kavramsal Bir Model Önerisi: Yenilikçilik Profillerine Dayali Bir Yaklasim/Designing Public Policies to Support SME Innovation Capacity: Proposal of an Approach based on Innovativeness Profiles. Ege Akademik Bakis, 16(3), 555.
- Yülek, M. (2002) Türkiye için Sosyal Altyapıya Dayalı bir Birincil Kalkınma Stratejisi Önerisi, Piyasa, No 1.
- Yülek, M. (1997) İçsel Büyüme Teorileri, Gelişmekte olan Ülkeler ve Kamu Politikaları Üzerine, Hazine Dergisi.
- Yülek, M. (1990) Yönlü Katılaştırma Teknikleri, Makine ve Mühendis, No. 352.
Translations Published in National Refereed Journals
- Yülek, M. (1987) İleri Metaller, Mühendis ve Makine, No. 331, S. 25-29. Orijinal, B. K. Hear, Advanced Materials, (Scientific American, 1986, October).
- Yülek, M. (1988) Havacılık ve Uzay Sanayii için Malzemeler Mühendis ve Makine, No. 338, S. 20-23. Orijinal, M. Steinberg, Materials for Aerospace, (Scientific American, 1986, October).
Papers Presented in International Scientific Meetings and Published in the Proceedings Book
- Yülek, M.A., Das, G. (2015) “KOBİ’lerin Yenilikçilik Kapasitelerini Geliştirecek Kamu Desteklerinin Tasarımı: İşletmelerin Yenilikçilik Profillerine Dayalı Teorik Bir Model” 15. Üretim Üretim Araştırmaları Sempozyumu, İzmir, 15-16 Ekim 2015.
- Yülek, M. A., Kwon, H. L., (2015), Automotive Industry in Turkey and South Korea in Retrospect, Anadolu International Conference in Economics IV, Eskişehir, Haziran
- Yülek, M. A., Natsuda, K., Yağmur, M. H., and Akkemik, A., (2015), The Textiles and Clothing Cycle and the Industrial Cycle, Anadolu International, The Textiles and Clothing Cycle and the Industrial Cycle, Anadolu International Conference in Economics IV, Eskişehir, Haziran
- Taylor, T. ve Yülek, M. (2012) Leveraging International Public Procurement in Support of Economic Development: Forecasting Public Sector Expenditures and Market Size in Turkey, İçinde: Fifth International Public Procurement Conference Proceedings, S. 2435-2465.
- Yülek, M. (2012) The EU and Turkey: Non-Economic Obstacles, İçinde: The EU and Turkey Business and Political Leadership for a Common Future – 10th ELC Conference Proceedings, (7 ve 8 Haziran), organized by European Leadership Centre at IEDC-Bled School of Management, Slovenia.
- Yülek, M. (2009) Balkan Economic Integration: A Brief Stock Taking, İçinde: East-West Relations Turkish and Bosnian Perspectives, Saraybosna.
- Yülek, M. ve Atiyas, İ. (1997) Company Indebtedness and Efficiency in Turkey: Assessing the Impact of Financial Liberalization, European Financial Management Association 6. Yıllık Konferansında sunulan tebliğ.
- Yülek, M. ve Atiyas İ. (1997) Corporate Behavior During a Fiscal-Financial Crisis: The Experience of Turkey in 1994, Beyrut’ta Economic Research Forum yıllık toplantısındaki tebliğ.
- Yülek M.,Togan S. ve Başçı E. (1992) Estimation of Money Velocity Function for Turkey Using Engle Granger Two Step Method, Üçüncü İzmir Uluslararası İktisat Kongresine sunulan tebliğ.
Consultancy Reports Prepared for the World Bank
- Yülek, M. (1994) Development Finance Institutions: Characteristics and The World Bank’s Experience with Them, Financial Sector Development Department, The World Bank, Washington D.C.
- Yülek, M. (1993) Report and Recommendations on the Financial Structure in Poor Transition Countries: Albania, Macedonia and Slovakia, Central Europe Department , The World Bank, Washington D.C.
Research Articles and Technical Reports Published by the IMF
- Ewencyzik, P.,Nsengiyumva, F., Yülek, M. ve Harmsen, R. (2004, Kasım). Benin: Ex Post Assessment of Performance Under Fund-Supported Programs, International Monetary Fund, Publication No. 04/371.
- Yülek, M. (2004) The Micro finance Sector in Benin, içinde: Selected EconomicIssues, International MonetaryFund, Publication No. 04/370.
- Yülek, M. (2004) Developments in External Competitivness of Benin, İçinde:Selected Economic Issues, International Monetary Fund, Publication No. 04/370.
- Başçı, E., Ekinci, F. ve Yülek, M. (2004) On Fiscal Surplus Rules, International Monetary Fund, Working Paper, 04/117, Washington, D.C. [Bu yayın, Uluslar arası Hakemli Dergilerde Yayınlanan Makaleler bölümünde ayrıca yer almaktadır.]
- Basu, A.,Blavy, R. ve Yülek, M. (2004) Microfinance in Africa: Lessons from Selected African Countries, International Monetary Fund, Working Paper, 04/174, Washington, D.C.
- Gulde, A.,Wajid, K., &Vázquez, F., Detragiache, E., Hadjimichael, Basu, A., M., Blavy, R. ve Yülek, M. (2004) Micro finance: A View from the Fund, Monetary and Financial Systems Department, International Monetary Fund, Washington, D.C.
- Yülek, M. (1996) Financial Repression, Selective Credits and Endogenous Growth: Orthodoxy and Heresy, Economic Research Forum, Working Paper, Cairo.
Other Local and International Publications and Works
- Gasimli, V. ve Yulek, M. (2014) The New Geo-Economics in the Azerbaijan –led South Caucasus, SAM Review, Vol. 14, Strategic Research Center, Azerbaijan.
- Kundu, N. D., Yulek, M. and Humbatov, M. (2014) The Iron Ground for the Silk Road: Baku-Tbilisi-Kars Railroad, SAM Review, Vol. 13, Strategic Research Center, Azerbaijan.
- Yülek, M. (1998) Yeni Sanayileşme Süreci, Sanayi Politikaları ve Asya Kaplanları, Bilgi ve Toplum.
- Yülek, M., Acharya A., Muller S. E., ve Wohlwend B. D. (1994) Tri-State Radio, Yale School of Management Case Study, New Haven, Connecticut, USA.
Managed Projects, Master and Doctorate Theses
- Georgetown Üniversitesi Public Policy Institute’da 2003-2004 akademik yılında 6 adet yüksek lisans tezi yönetmiştir.
- Kılıç, Ş. (2016). “Türkiye İmalat Sanayinde Yerli Üretim Yetkinliklerinin Geliştirilmesinin Geliştirilmesinin Etki Analizi: Demiryolu Araçları Sektörü” İstanbul Ticaret Üniversitesi, Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü, İktisat Tezli Yüksek Lisans Programı.
- Haliloviç, V. (2017). Uluslararasılaşmada Dış Pazara Giriş: Bir Vaka Analizi, İstanbul Ticaret Üniversitesi, Dış Ticaret Enstitüsü, Uluslararası Ticaret Tezli Yüksek Lisans Programı.
- Sayın, M. (Devam ediyor). Doğalgaz Piyasasında Regülasyon ve Rekabet, İstanbul Ticaret Üniversitesi, Dış Ticaret Enstitüsü, Uluslararası Ticaret ve Avrupa Birliği Hukuku Doktora Programı, Devam ediyor
- Biltaş, M. (Devam Ediyor) Yerlileşme Politikaları, İstanbul Ticaret Üniversitesi, Sosyal Bilimel Enstitüsü
- TÜBİTAK Projesi - Yürütücü/Yönetici (Birinci Derece Sorumluluk)] Seçilmiş Ülkelerde Sanayi, Bilim ve Teknoloji Politikaları Güney Kore, ve Japonya (01.12.2014 - 01.08.2016)
Selected International and National Invited Presentations, Session Chapters and Speeches
- Invited Speaker and Coordinator, “International Seminar - Industrial and Macroeconomic Policies for Sustained Development” Kampala, Uganda, 3-5 Aralık 2018 (East African Development Bank için İstanbul Ticaret Üniversitesi Sanayi Politikaları ve Kalkınma Merkezi ile UNCTAD işbirliğiyle düzenlenmiştir).
- Invited speaker “How Nations Succeed; Manufacturing, trade, Industrial Policy and Economic Development” Islamic Development Bank, November, 19, 2018, Jeddah, KSA.
- Invited speaker “The New Generation Development Finance -The Industrial Layer, Industrial Policy and New Tools, International Conference on Blended Development Finance and the New Industrial Policy, Geneva, Switzerland, November 8-9, 2018
- Invited speaker “How Nations Succeed; Manufacturing, trade, Industrial Policy and Economic Development” Sogang University, South Korea, 1 October 2018
- Invited speaker “How Nations Succeed; Manufacturing, trade, Industrial Policy and Economic Development” APU Ritsumeikan University, Beppu, Japan, 28 September 2018
- Invited speaker “How Nations Succeed; Manufacturing, trade, Industrial Policy and Economic Development” Yamaguchi University, Yamaguchi, Japan, 28 September 2018
- Invited Speaker, 61 nolu Teknik Hırdavat Meslek Grubu Komitesi, Istanbul Chamber of Commerce, 24 March 2018 (2018 Yılında Dünya ve Türkiye Ekonomisi Sunumu; The World and the Turkish Economy in 2018)
- Invited Speaker, Istanbul Chamber of Commerce, 22 March 2018 (AI and Robotics - Yapay Zeka Dönüşümü ve Robot Uygulamaları Semineri)
- Invited Speaker, Industrial Policy and Sustainable Growth Univercidad Nacional de San Martin (TSDS), 14 December 2017, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Invited Speaker, European Investment Bank Institute, Luxembourg, 6 April 2017 (The Future of Europe: Why Manufacturing still Matters)
- Invited Speaker, Financing Development: Experiences from Africa, Asia and Latin America organized by UNCTAD and South African Institute of International Affairs, Johannesburg 10-11 May 2017
- Invited Speaker, Roundtable Policy Discussion Setting the EU-Turkey Economic Agenda: Customs Union Reform, 25 January, 2016 European Parliament, Brussels
- Invited Speaker Shanghai Cooperation Organization Think Tank Symposium, Beijing 26-27 September 2016 and Tianjin 28 September to 2 October 2016
- Invited Speaker, International Conference on Political Economy (ICOPEC), Istanbul, 28-30 June 2016 (On the Middle Income Trap, Industrialization Process and Appropriate Industrial Policy)
- Invited Speaker, Sektörler Buluşması, MUSIAD, Istanbul
- Invited Speaker, The International Women’s Entrepreneurial Challenge (IWEC) Annual Conference, 16 Kasım 2015, Istanbul
- Invited Speaker, Ministerio Coordinador de Producción, Empleo y Competitividad – Ecuador - United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) "Making industrial policy work for growth, jobs and development" Workshop to be held in Quito, Ecuador, 9 and 10 November, 2015 “Development-based Public Procurement Policies (DbPPP):
Public procurement as a mechanism for industrial policy and technology transfer”
- Invited Speaker, Hedef 2023 Zirvesi, İstanbul Ticaret Odası, 15 Eylül 2015.
- Invited Speaker, 2nd International Roundtable – Current State of Ukranian – Turkish Economic Relations, Kiev, 2 September 2015.
- Distinguished Invited Speaker, Singapore Economic Research Conference, Singapore, 5-7 August 2015; Yulek, M. and Gur, N. (2015) “Foreign Direct Investment, Smart Policies and Economic Growth” Singapore Economic Research Conference, Singapore, 5-7 August 2015,
- Invited Moderator, Special Session on G20, Euroasian Forum on Politics, Economics and Business-2015, Istanbul, 24-25 July 2015
- Invited Presentation, Yülek, M. (2015) “Development-based Public Procurement Policies”, Regional Meeting on the Public Procurement Systems in Latin America and the Caribbean, Quito, Ecuador, 15-16 July 2015
- Invited Speaker, Cənubi Qafqaz və Mərkəzi Asiya ölkələri İpək Yolu İqtisadi Kəməri kontekstində Konferansı, Baku, 7 Mayıs 2015
- Invited Speaker, Economic Planning and Industrial Policy in the Globalizing Economy,Corso di laurea in Scienze Politiche e Relazioni Internazionali, Department of Economic, Universita degli Studi di Parma, Parma, Italya, 18 Mart 2015
- Invited Speaker, Yülek, M. (2014) “Does Industrial Policy Make a Difference: Turkish vs Korean Development Experiences” Korea Institute of International Economic Policy, September 4, 2015, Seoul, S. Korea
- Invited Speaker, Yülek, M. (2014) “Differentiating vs Commoditizing your Economy Some Economics and Some Arithmetics of Income and Productivity” Ewha Women’s University, Seoul, S. Korea, September 5, 2014
- Invited Speaker, Yulek, M. (2015) “Current Industrial, Science, Technology and Innovation Policies in Japan” RCAPS Current Research Seminar, APU Ritsumeikan University, Tokyo, January 14, 2015
- Invited Speaker, 2nd Baku Forum-Conference (Baku, 1-3 October, 2014) (2nd Baku Forum of Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO) member states Economic Think-Tanks and 2nd International Conference on Energy, Regional Integration and Socio-Economic Development)
- Invited Keynote speaker, “Differentiating vs Commoditizing Your Economy: Some Economics and Some Arithmetics of Income and Productivity”, The 24th International Conference of The International Trade and Finance Association 21-24 May 2014 Ommer Hotel Kayseri/Turkey
- Invited Speaker, EuroFinance Turkey 2015, Istanbul, 20-21 April 2015
- Invited Moderator, Yülek, M. (2014) Morocco: A Country of Limitless Investment Opportunities, G8 Deauville Partnership Investment Conference, Skhirat, Moderatör, Session IV Attraction of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI): Policies and Best Practice.
- Invited Speaker, Yülek, M. (2014) Borsa Istanbul Islamic Finance Conference Series – I, Istanbul, Moderatör, Academic Session 2: The Role of Islamic Finance on Financial Stability Borsa Istanbul Conference Hall, Istanbul
- Davetli panel konuşmacısı, Yülek, M. (2013) “Dünyada ve Türkiye’de Doğrudan Yatırımlar”, Davetli sunum, Beşinci İzmir İktisat Kongresi 30 Ekim – 1 Kasım 2013, İzmir (Oturum 2A: Türkiye Yatırım Zirvesi)
- Yülek, M. ve Tiryakioğlu, M. (2013) Kalkınma Temelli Kamu Alımı Politikaları: Politika Deneyimleri ve Literatürden Seçilmiş Örnekler 3. Sanayi. Congresium, Ankara
- Yülek, M. (2013) Cairo Investment Forum & Deauville Partnership Investment Forum, Cairo, Moderatör, Session-Best practices
- Invited Moderator, Yülek, M. (2013) Tunisia Investment Forum & Deauville Partnership Investment Symposium, Tunis, Moderatör, Session-Sharing of Best Practices by Turkey and Malaysia.
- Invited Speaker, Yülek, M. (2013) Ersten Sitzung der Arbeitsgruppe Deutsch-Türkische Wirtschaftsbeziehungen, Davetli Konuşmacı, Wirstshaftsrat der CDU, Berlin.
- Invited Speaker, Yülek, M. (2013) Can Arab Spring be an opportunity of economic transformation for Arab nations? Arab countries after recent transformations: Political, Economic and Social Changes konferansı, Center for Strategic Studies under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Bakü, Azerbaycan
- Davetli Konuşmacı, Yülek, M. (2011) Türkiye Ekonomisi için Mikro Reformlar ve Rekabet Politikası, Rekabet Kurumu 14. Yıl Sempozyumu, (Konferans kitabında yayınlanmıştır)
- Davetli Konuşmacı, Yülek, M. (2010) Kriz sonrası Dünya Ekonomisi ve Türkiye, İstanbul Ticaret Odası zümre toplantısı sunumu, İstanbul.
- Invited Speaker, Yülek, M. (2010) Growth Through Poverty Reduction and Financial Inclusion, Global Economic Symposium (GES), Kiel Institute for the World Economy, Istanbul.
- Davetli konuşmacı, Yülek, M. (2010) Geçmişten Geleceğe Türk Bankacılık Sektörü, BDDK 10. Kuruluş Yıldönümü Konferansı, (Kitaplaştırılmış konuşma).
- Invited Speaker, Yülek, M. (2010) Turkey in Transformation, The Economist Conferences, İstanbul.
- Yülek, M. (2009) Corporate Valuation, ADFIMI Special Seminar, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Invited Speaker, Yülek, M. (2007) Turkish Economy and Prospects Duke University, İstanbul.
- Invited Speaker, Yülek, M. ve Özkaramete, N. (2006) What is in a Subsidy: Economics and Politics of Agricultural Subsidies and Benin and Cotton: A Case Study, Competitiveness, Trade and WTO Seminar, Economic Cooperation Organization, Antalya, Türkiye.
- Yülek, M. (2006) Advanced Corporate Finance and Project Finance, ADFIMI Training Seminar, İstanbul.
- Invited Speaker, Yülek, M. (2004) Development and Macroeconomic Challenges in West Africa, Yale School of Management, New Haven Connecticut, USA.
- Yülek, M. (1997) Financial Repression, Selective Credits and Endogenous Growth: Orthodoxy and Heresy, Europan Economic Association Eastern Economic Association 22’nd Annual Convention, Istanbul.
- Yülek, M. (1996) Financial Repression, Selective Credits and Endogenous Growth: Orthodoxy and Heresy, European Economic Assoc. 11th Annual Congress, Istanbul.
Other Research Articles
- Yülek, M. (1996) Liberalize to Grow or Grow to Liberalize: Japanese finance and Development During the High Grow Period, Bilkent University Department of Economics Discussion Paper.
- Yülek, M. (1996) Financial Repression, Selective Credits and Endogenous Growth: Orthodoxy and Heresy, Economic Research Forum Working Paper, Cairo.
- Yülek, M. (1992) Economic and Social Consequences of the Mongol Invasion in the 13th Century Anatolia, Bilkent University Department of Economics Discussion Paper.
- Yülek, M. Şili (1973-1982) ve İsrail (1985) Tecrübeleri Işığında 5 Nisan Kararlarının Değerlendirilmesi, Milliyet Gazetesi Ekonomi Araştırma Yarışması Üçüncülük Ödülü, 1995. 16-17-18 Ocak 1996 tarihli İktisat Gazetesinde yayınlanmıştır.
Some Arbitration in Scientific Journals and Congresses
- İktisat, İşletme ve Finans Dergisi (ISSN 1308-4658) Danışma Kurulu Üyesi
- ADAM Akademi (ISSN: 2146-4936) Yayın Kurulu Üyesi
- Kara Harp Okulu Savunma Bilimleri Dergisi ISSN: 1303-6831
- I. Ulusal Havacılık Teknolojisi ve Uygulamaları Kongresi (UHAT- 20-22 Aralık 2012, İzmir)
- I. Uluslararası Hava İşletmeciliği Kongresi (INTAVIC) 2012
- Economic Research - Ekonomska Istrazivanja
- International Journal of Social Ecology and Sustainable Development (IJSESD)
- Journal of Internet Banking & Commerce 2017, 2018
- Smart Economic Planning an Industrial Policy 2014, 2015
- Journal of Research in Economics and International Finance, 2018
Working Group and Council Memberships
- 3. Sanayi Şürası, Şüra Üyesi (20-22 Kasım 2013)
- Ulaştırma Şurası Demiryolu Komitesi Üyesi (2013)
- Ulaştırma ve Trafik Güvenliği 10. Kalkınma Planı Özel İhtisas Komisyonu Üyesi (2013)
- Ulaştırma Şurası Demiryolu Altyapısı Komitesi Üyesi (2009)
- World Bank’s Doing Business Partner (2009-2014)
- Tüba-Tübitak-TTGV Bilim, Teknoloji ve Sanayi Tartışmaları Platformu, Araştırma- Geliştirme ve Üniversite- Sanayi İşbirliğinin Teşvikine Yönelik Politikalar Çalışma Grubu (1996)
- Bilkent Üniversitesi Ekonomi Bölümü Öğrencileri için Hazırlanan ‘’A Handout of Basic Concepts to Assist Students Taking Introductory Courses in Economics’’ (1996)
- MÜSİAD “Ulusal Bilim, Teknoloji, Politika ve Strateji” kapsamında 6. Biltronik Ödülleri (“tanıtanlar” kategorisi), 2014
- Hayati Üstün Girişimci İş Adamları Vakfı Basın Ödülü, 2013
- MÜSİAD Yılın Ekonomi Yazarı Ödülü, 2011
- Milliyet İktisat Ödülü (Üçüncülük) 1994. Araştırma Konusu: “Şili (1973-1982) ve İsrail (1985) Deneyimleri Işığında 5 Nisan İstikrar Tedbirlerinin Değerlendirilmesi”
- YASED Araştırma Ödülü (İkincilik) 1990. Araştırma Konusu: “Doğrudan Dış Yatırımlar ve Alıcı Ülke Teknolojilerine Katkıları”
Scientific and Professional Organizations Memberships
- American Economic Association
- European Economic Association
- Yönetim Danışmanları Derneği
- Makine Mühendisleri Odası
- ECO 605 Turkish Economy- Advanced Issues (2018-2019 Güz ve Bahar Dönemleri; İktisat Yüksek Lisans Programı, İstanbul Ticaret Üniversitesi)
- ECO 508 Uluslararası İktisadi İlişkiler ve Küreselleşme (2013-2014 Bahar Dönemi; İktisat Yüksek Lisans Programı, İstanbul Ticaret Üniversitesi)
- Eco 338 Economic Policy (2013-2018 Bahar Dönemi, İngilizce İktisat Lisans Programı, İstanbul Ticaret Üniversitesi)
- Eco 234 Managerial Economics (2013-2014, 2014-2015 Bahar Dönemi, İngilizce İktisat Lisans Programı, İstanbul Ticaret Üniversitesi)
- Eco 345 Industrial Economics (2013-2014, 2014-2015 Güz Dönemi, İngilizce İktisat Lisans Programı, İstanbul Ticaret Üniversitesi)
- Eco 405 Turkish Economy (2014-2015 Güz Dönemi, İngilizce İktisat Lisans Programı, İstanbul Ticaret Üniversitesi)
- Eco 406 Seminar (2014-2018 Bahar Dönemi, İngilizce İktisat Lisans Programı, İstanbul Ticaret Üniversitesi)
- IFNS 508 İşletme Yönetimi (2011-2012 bahar dönemi; İşletme Yüksek Lisans Programı, THK Üniversitesi)
- MAN 101 İktisada Girişi (2012-2013 Güz Dönemi; Sivil Hava Ulaştırma İşletmeciliği Lisans Programı; THK Üniversitesi)
- Turkish Economy (İstanbul Ticaret Üniversitesi İngilizce İktisat Bölümü; 2014-2015)
- Seminar (İstanbul Ticaret Üniversitesi İngilizce İktisat Bölümü; 2014-2015)
- Economic Policy (İstanbul Ticaret Üniversitesi İngilizce İktisat Bölümü; 2013-2014, 2014-2015)
- Managerial Economics (İstanbul Ticaret Üniversitesi İngilizce İktisat Bölümü; 2013-2014, 2014-2015)
- Economic History (İstanbul Ticaret Üniversitesi İngilizce İktisat Bölümü; 2013-2014, 2014-2015)
- Industrial Economics (İstanbul Ticaret Üniversitesi İngilizce İktisat Bölümü; 2013-2014, 2014-2015)
- Uluslararası İktisadi İlişkiler ve Küreselleşme dersi (2013-2014 Bahar Dönemi; İktisat Yüksek Lisans Programı)
- Finansal Yönetim (THK Üniversitesi İşletme Yüksek Lisans Programı; 2012-2013)
- Introduction to Economics (THK Üniversitesi; 2012-2013)
- International Development (Georgetown University Graduate Public Policy Institute; 2003-2004)
- Data Analysis and Statistics (Yale University School of Management; Teaching Assıstant; 1993-1994)
- Financial Accounting (Yale University School of Management; Tutor; 1993-1994)
- Introduction to Economics (Bilkent Üniversitesi; 1991-1992)
- Intermediate Macroeconomics (Bilkent Üniversitesi; 1991-1992)
Professional Training and Conference Titles Provided
- Turkish Economy
- World Economy
- Central Bank Balance Sheet
- Firm Valuation
- Preparing Feasibility Report
- General Economy
- General Economic and Financial Sector
- Impact Analysis
Some Consulting and Moderation Projects Managed
- Türkiye İmalat Sanayi Stratejisi Mevcut Durum ve 11. Kalkınma Planı Stratejisi; İstanbul Ticaret Üniversitesi Sanayi Politikaları ve Kalkınma Merkezi (İstanbul Ticaret Odası desteği sağlanmıştır)
- Kamu satın alma yöntemleri TÜBİTAK Politikalar Başkanlığı Danışmanı (2013)
- Medium Term Strategy and Business Plan (MTBS 2.0), İslam Kalkınma Bankası Danışmanı (2012).
- Foras International Investment Company, Yönetim Danışmanlığı Hizmetleri (2011).
- Ankara’nın Türkiye’nin Uluslararası Transit Noktasına Dönüşümü Araştırma Projesi, (THK Üniversitesi tarafından Ankara Kalkınma Ajansı desteğiyle gerçekleştirilmiştir), (2012), Proje Danışmanı.
- Demiryolları Fizibilite Çalışmaları (Türkiye, Türkmenistan), (2008, 2009, 2011), Proje Yöneticisi.
- Sürdürülebilir Bölgesel Kalkınma Projesi (Azerbaycan), Proje Yöneticisi.
- Azerbaycan’da yabancı yatırımcılara yönelik 70 milyon USD’lik doğrudan yatırım fonunun kurulması, Proje yöneticisi.
- Çeşitli özelleştirme ve satın alma projeleri (Türkiye), Danışman.
- Yurtiçi ve yurtdışında çeşitli firma değerleme projeleri, Danışman.
- Türkiye’nin en büyük kurumlarının birinin yatırım stratejilerinin belirlenmesi projesi, Danışman.
- Türkiye’nin en büyük holdinglerinden birinin finansal ve yatırım stratejilerinin belirlenmesi, Danışman.
- Türkiye’nin en büyük özel eğitim kurumlarından birine finansal danışmanlık yapılması, Danışman.
- Enhancing Economic and Commercial Cooperation Among OIC Member Countries, Proje Yöneticiliği ve Moderasyon.